Join our capable and experienced teamContact us
Build a career with one of the most trusted names in UK aviation
BIH regularly recruits for pilots, engineers, administration and aviation sales personnel to add to its talented 150-strong air and ground teams. Our current vacancies are listed below. Should you be interested in applying for a role, please forward your CV to the details provided and we will be in touch.
Flex Contract – B1.3 Licensed Engineer
British International Helicopters Services Ltd operate AW189, S61 and AS365 N2 type helicopters from a number of different international sites, predominantly supporting the UK Ministry of Defence with training, passenger and equipment transfers and Search and Rescue (SAR).
Due to the continued growth of the business, we are looking for an additional individual to join our Flex Engineering Team during our new phase of exciting expansion.
Job Title: B1.3 Flex Licensed Engineer
Location: International Company Sites
You will need to be a B1.3 Licensed Engineer, Type Rated on the AW189. Ideally you will also hold a Type Rating on either the S61 or AS365 N2, however we are willing to support the right candidates with additional type ratings that fit with our operation. Having a ‘C’ license in one or more types would be an advantage and could be reflected in your overall pay.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Carry out both line and / or base maintenance complying with the requirements as described in the regulations
- Complete both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, defect diagnosis and rectification, embodiment of notifications, service bulletins and other mandatory or non-mandatory maintenance
- Ensure that all maintenance tasks carried out to helicopters meet the standard of the EASA instructions
- Ensure that all maintenance is completed within the appropriate time scales to ensure provision of serviceable aircraft to meet the operational need
- Inform and update the Chief Engineer on the maintenance situation
- CAA/EASA Part 66 B1.3
- Type Rated on AW189
- Flexibility to travel at short notice to various sites as required by the Planning Department
- Willingness to undertake training and development opportunities to provide greater coverage to our fleet across multiple locations
- Type Rated on S61 or AS365 N2
- C Certified on a minimum of one of AW189, S61 or AS365 N2
- Very attractive pay dependent on number of applicable type ratings
- Defined contribution pension scheme with life assurance
- Sick pay
- Fully funded training opportunities on new aircraft types (some unbonded)
- Accommodation or accommodation allowance*
(*where applicable for people not living close to one of our sites and pro rata depending on hours of work)
The successful candidate will need to comply with local Immigration Policies, Medical Requirements and Security Clearance Processes to obtain a relevant work permit in the locations the company has operations, if not a resident in the location.
GDPR: We take Data Protection very seriously at British International Helicopters. By submitting your CV, you are giving us your personal data which includes (but is not limited to) full name, address, phone number and email address. Our full GDPR policy is available on our website. This tells you how we hold your data, and for how long.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter, letting us know your current situation, what relevant experience you have and how you match our requirements. Applications should be addressed to: Matthew Ballard (Recruitment Advisor) via Email: email@example.com
No Agencies please.
Closing Date: Friday 23rd April 2021.
We reserve the right to close a job advert early where sufficient applications have been received.