Join our capable and experienced teamContact us
Build a career with one of the most trusted names in UK aviation
BIH regularly recruits for pilots, engineers, administration and aviation sales personnel to add to its talented 120-strong air and ground teams. Our current vacancies are listed below. Should you be interested in applying for a role, please forward your CV to the details provided and we will be in touch.
Unlicensed Aircraft Engineer (Falkland Islands)
British International Helicopters Services Ltd operate AW189, S61 and AS365 N2 type helicopters from a number of different international sites, predominantly supporting the UK Ministry of Defence with training, passenger and equipment transfers and Search and Rescue (SAR).
Job Title: Unlicensed Aircraft Engineer
Location: International Company Site (Falkland Islands)
The main purpose of this role as an unlicenced engineer role is to support the safe and compliant execution of aircraft maintenance tasks on our S61 and AW189 fleets located in the Falkland Islands at the UK military’s Mount Pleasant Complex.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Carry out aircraft Line and Base Maintenance tasks under supervision in support of the operational flying requirement, whilst also ensuring these activities are executed in a safe, efficient, and effective manner. These tasks may include scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, fault diagnosis and rectification, embodiment of modifications, service bulletins and other mandatory or non-mandatory maintenance.
- Undertake all maintenance tasks performed in compliance with company procedures and to the standard of the CAA regulations.
- Support cohesion, cooperation, and motivation within the maintenance team
- Any other duties as delegated by the Chief/Lead/Certifying Engineer(s).
- Proven track record of performing aircraft maintenance operations in a safe, efficient, and effective manner under supervision, ideally in a rotary wing aircraft maintenance environment.
- Flexibility to travel to international sites 6 week on/ 6 week off roster as required by the Planning Department.
- Good written/oral communication skills.
- Strong and demonstrated ability to build and sustain good working relationships with colleagues.
- Diplomatic ability to help influence others.
- A demonstrable interest and intent to pursue continued professional development i.e. in obtaining a Pt 66 Aircraft Maintenance Licence.
- Competitive salary (£25,666per annum)
- Job Security – MoD contract
- Free Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance (2.5 x Basic Salary)
- Workplace Auto Enrolment pension scheme (5% employee / 3% employer of qualifying earnings)
- Occupational Sick Pay (8 weeks full pay / 8 weeks half pay)
The successful candidate will need to comply with local Immigration Policies, Medical Requirements and Security Clearance Processes to obtain a relevant work permit in the locations the company has operations, if not a resident in the location.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter, letting us know your current situation, what relevant experience you have and how you match our requirements. Applications should be addressed to our recruitment team via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 1st July 2022
GDPR: We take Data Protection very seriously at British International Helicopters. By submitting your CV, you are giving us your personal data which includes (but is not limited to) full name, address, phone number and email address. Our full GDPR policy is available on our website. This tells you how we hold your data, and for how long.