Join our capable and experienced teamContact us
Build a career with one of the most trusted names in UK aviation
BIH regularly recruits for pilots, engineers, administration and aviation sales personnel to add to its talented 120-strong air and ground teams. Our current vacancies are listed below. Should you be interested in applying for a role, please forward your CV to the details provided and we will be in touch.
AW189 TRI / TRE
British International Helicopters are seeking applications for the position of AW189 TRI / TRE reporting to the AW189 Senior Training Captain.
Our AW189 SAR operation consists of a close-knit professional team providing Search & Rescue services primarily to British Forces South Atlantic Islands and also the wider Falkland Islands community.
You will be required to carry out 191 duty days per annum. This will include SAR duty in the Falklands, required time at the SIM and travel days from and to your home within Europe. During SIM periods, you will be expected to complete training and checking in a AW189 simulator (normally Aberdeen).
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Training and Proficiency Checks as required.
- From experience of examining, making proposals for improving efficiencies in training.
- Any role training and checking as authorised by the MCT.
- Updating training and examining records promptly on completion of examining.
- Valid CAA/EASA ATPL(H)/CPL(H) (Essential)
- 500 hours SAR experience (Essential)
- 1000 hours PIC on helicopters (Essential)
- Valid TRI/TRE(H) (Essential)
- Valid AW189 Type Rating (Desirable)
- NVIS experience (Desirable)
- Competitive salary (to be discussed at interview).
- Job Security – MoD contract
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Free Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance (2.5 x Basic Salary)
- Workplace Auto Enrolment pension scheme (5% employee / 3% employer of qualifying earnings)
- Occupational Sick Pay (12 weeks full pay / 12 weeks half pay)
- Loss of License Insurance
- Private Medical Cover
- Free travel to and from the Falkland Islands
- Food and Accommodation included in the Falkland Islands
The successful candidate will need to comply with local Immigration Policies, Medical Requirements and Security Clearance Processes to obtain a relevant work permit in the locations the company has operations, if not a resident in the location.
Closing Date: Sunday 10th October 2021
GDPR: We take Data Protection very seriously at British International Helicopters. By submitting your CV, you are giving us your personal data which includes (but is not limited to) full name, address, phone number and email address. Our full GDPR policy is available on our website. This tells you how we hold your data, and for how long.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter, letting us know your current situation, what relevant experience you have and how you match our requirements. Applications should be addressed to: Matthew Ballard (Recruitment Advisor) via Email: email@example.com
No Agencies, please.