Join our capable and experienced teamContact us
Build a career with one of the most trusted names in UK aviation
BIH regularly recruits for pilots, engineers, administration and aviation sales personnel to add to its talented 150-strong air and ground teams. Our current vacancies are listed below. Should you be interested in applying for a role, please forward your CV to the details provided and we will be in touch.
Project Officer- Aircrew and Engineer Roster Controller
British International Helicopters Services Ltd operate AW189, S61 and AS365 N2 type helicopters from a number of different international sites, predominantly supporting the UK Ministry of Defence with training, passenger and equipment transfers and Search and Rescue (SAR).
We are looking for an additional individual to join our Projects Team.
Job Title: Project Officer- Aircrew and Engineer Roster Controller
Location: Newquay but with travel to all BIHSL Operational Bases
Reporting Line: Deputy Head of Engineering Services + Lead PMO
The successful candidate must be able to: -
- Demonstrate extensive experience of Flight crew control and rostering in a dynamic, commercial aviation environment.
- Work under pressure, whilst ensuring that all rosters are controlled within regulatory requirements. Understand the impact of roster changes on the individual and on Service Delivery.
- Look at opportunities to continually improve business process and practice.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Input and maintain flight crew rosters within legislative requirements and with due regard for fatigue and travel limitations such that resource is suitably qualified and experienced to fulfil flying duties required by respective BIH customer contracts.
- Input and maintain Engineers rosters so that resource is adequate to carry out planned work and ensure resource is utilised in the most cost-effective way while respecting the MOE.
- Liaise with Flight Ops Manager, Managing Pilots, Base Managers and Chief Engineers to ensure that rosters are managed when there are any changes to the operational situation.
- Monitor rosters to ensure that staff fulfil their annual contractual obligations, including booking holiday, to best ensure on and off roster time tracks to an annual balance.
- Develop ability to co-ordinate flight crew and Engineer roster shortfalls to minimize impact to service.
- Run roster scenarios in support of future changes or business development opportunities.
- Support HR with information required to process payroll transactions.
- Manage projects, engage with stakeholders to ensure progress is maintained, escalate any potential delay at the earliest opportunity
- Develop knowledge and understanding of Flight crew rostering within the PMO.
- Experience in a commercial aviation operations department working closely with flight crew to deliver the best possible service to the customer.
- Trained in Aviation Regulations, FTL, Human Factors, Fatigue Awareness.
- Experience of using Flight Crew rostering software.
- Knowledge of EASA/CAA Engineer Licensing and qualifications.
- Flexibility to travel to any BIHSL Operational Base.
- Skilled in the use of MS Excel and other MS suite software.
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Trained in SMS, Risk Analysis, Error Management, Coaching and Mentoring.
- Understanding of Crew and Engineer recurrent training requirements.
- Experience of Project Management.
- Competitive salary
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Free Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Workplace AE pension scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay
GDPR: We take Data Protection very seriously at British International Helicopters. By submitting your CV, you are giving us your personal data which includes (but is not limited to) full name, address, phone number and email address. Our full GDPR policy is available on our website. This tells you how we hold your data, and for how long.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter, letting us know your current situation, what relevant experience you have and how you match our requirements. Applications should be addressed to: Matthew Ballard (Recruitment Advisor) via Email: email@example.com
No Agencies please.
Closing Date: Friday 5th March 2021
We reserve the right to close a job advert early where sufficient applications have been received.