Join our capable and experienced teamContact us
Build a career with one of the most trusted names in UK aviation
BIH regularly recruits for pilots, engineers, administration and aviation sales personnel to add to its talented 150-strong air and ground teams. Our current vacancies are listed below. Should you be interested in applying for a role, please forward your CV to the details provided and we will be in touch.
S61 FALKLANDS TYPE RATING INSTRUCTOR / TYPE RATING EXAMINER (TRI/TRE)
The position of Type Rating Instructor or Type Rating Examiner reports to the Sikorsky S61 Senior Training Captain and Head of Training for the conduct of training and testing in accordance with OM Part D.
The position is based at the company’s Falkland Island base at Mount Pleasant Complex but with a requirement to spend time in Newquay and also to complete S61 simulator training as both candidate and instructor/examiner. The primary function is to provide the training and/or examination of S61 crews and implement standardisation for the S61 fleet in both the aircraft and the simulator (where appropriate), and deliver type qualified crews via the Head of Training to the Director of Operations. This will involve coordination amongst several parties and may involve visits to any company operation, any simulator location as well as to other locations as required by the company.
The successful applicant will fulfil line flying duties for the roster and will report to the Managing Pilot in this function.
Duties will also include:
- Completing the duties of a Line Training Captain if required;
- Conversion training and licence skill tests as published in the company Approved Training Organization Manual; and
- Maintaining his personal licences and ratings current, including medical certificate, in order to conduct assigned duties. In particular for ensuring that any approvals granted by the UK CAA and other NAA’s are valid before conducting any examining which require the exercise of that approval.
- Conducting license and operator proficiency checks, as described in Section 3 to this manual, to the required standards in accordance with EASA and CAA/MAA requirements as directed by the Head of Training. Such examining may only be conducted whilst exercising the privileges granted by the Authority.
- In the light of experience from flight examining, making proposals for improving efficiencies in training.
- Any Role Training and Checking as authorized by the Head of Training (ie HHO and HESLO).
- Updating training and examining records promptly on completion of examining, ensuring that they are stored or forwarded in accordance with Company and Authority procedures.
- Supervision of pilot training and monitoring training records for Falkland based S61 pilots.
- Additional Type Rating responsibilities for Type Rating Examiners are published in the BIH Approved Training Organization Manual.
- Current TRE/TRI qualification on type(s) in question;
- ATPL (H) with relevant PIC rating;
- 1000 hours PIC on helicopter;
- At least 6 months or 100 flying hours’ experience on similar air operations.
- Previous S61 experience;
- TRI/E qualification on S61
If you would like to apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to Lynn Goodwin at Lynn.Goodwin@bih.uk.com
Closing date 7th September 2018
LICENSED AIRCRAFT ENGINEERS B1.3 – S61 HELICOPTER – FALKLAND ISLANDS
British International Helicopters are currently looking to recruit an experienced aircraft B1.3 engineer type rated on the S61 helicopters. This is an exciting opportunity to join our existing team of professionals based in the Falkland Islands.
The successful engineer will be a motivated professional with high individual standards.
Duties will be to perform a wide range of aircraft maintenance tasks with priority being given to mechanical tasks dependent on the engineer’s licence, however the engineer must be willing to undertake other duties as required when workload dictates.
Tasking will include scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, defect diagnosis and rectification, embodiment of modifications, service bulletins and other mandatory or non-mandatory maintenance.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate competence in fault finding, scheduled maintenance and installation of modifications, including the use of hand tools and specialised test equipment.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the ability to work with minimal supervision and to take responsibility for your own work is essential. You should be capable of organising your own workload within those limits set by the Chief Engineer.
You must also be an effective team player, capable of working as part of a small dedicated team of engineers and have the ability to interact well with your colleagues and the wider business.
- EASA B1.3 license, type rated S61 – Consideration will also be given to engineers who hold a type license in the category complex/multi engine
- Full UK driving license.
- At least two years Line of Base maintenance on S61
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to you, please send your c.v. to Lynn.Goodwin@bih.uk.com
Closing date 7th September 2018
This role is based in the Falkland Islands, the successful candidate will need to comply with Falkland Islands Immigration policy and obtain a relevant work permit if not a Falkland Islands Resident.